Typically, QA team representative (Director or Manager or Lead) would prepare the answers to the following questions while tracking the status summary.
- How many open bugs and list of these bugs?
- How many blocking bugs (P1)
- How many tests are failing (count and %)? Example: 30% failing
- How much test development is pending? Example: 40% tests
- When will be the test automation is going to be completed?
- What are the bugs inflow (new bugs came since last reported time) and outflow (fixed bugs since last reported time)? (Example: Weekly)
- What are the total number of bugs fixed and bugs opened? Bugs trend.
- How many bugs yet to be verified?
- Please note that the bugs verification & closing usually done by the bug filer.
Get the answers to the above questions in a wiki or document and update in the email for the weekly status report and send to stakeholders.