The Release criteria is the minimum checklist or list of goals to be achieved to release the product. This effort is driven by RE team, and all the project stakeholders would contribute to making this release to happen.
Below is a sample release criteria/checklist and can be taken as a template if none is available.
- No P1, P2, P3 open bugs
- 100% feature coverage and test development
- 100% test execution
- 95-100% pass rate
- >90% automation for regressions
- 100 users/sec
- Minimum throughput numbers related to the product.
- Comparison to other competitive products
- >90% class level
- >50% method level
- >40% instruction/statement level
Internationalization (I18N) & Localization (L10N)
- Internationalization support
- Specific languages to translate
- NOTE: I18N is short form as there are 18 characters between I and N in the “InternationalizatioN”. Similarly, L10N is short form as there are 10 characters between L and N in the “LocalizatioN”.
- Release notes
- User Manuals
- Installation Guide, Admin Guide, Developer Guide, Troubleshooting guide, etc.
- License and license text
- Support/Maintenance plan