Scrum process advantages
- Adapt to the changes where customer requirements can be honored in the middle of the project development (that is in the next sprint cycle).
- It helps in doing incremental product delivery.
- It takes less time comparing with waterfall model.
- It gives an early indication of the project status and can be stopped quickly or can be transformed to a different project.
Scrum process disadvantages
- It can consume more resources because sprint cycles need to cover all dev/test/doc activities at the same time.
- Typically, it is good for shorter projects with less complex projects (where fewer alternatives/architectures to be considered).
- It demands high productivity and constant effort be done by the team and thereby stress or time pressure felt by the team.
- Also, it will have more quick sync’ up meetings.